We know from the research that diverse, inclusive, and equitable organisations perform better than companies that aren’t. We also know that diverse, inclusive, and equitable organisations are likely to be more resilient to and recover more quickly from major crises, such as the COViD-19 pandemic (McKinsey and Company, 2020). Whilst Inclusive Leadership is key in creating organisations like these, understanding the barriers to inclusive and psychologically safe workplaces is fundamental to ensuring a successful and sustainable organisation for the long-term.
I offer research and analysis of organisational, department and team cultures that will identify the barriers to equitable inclusive work and, using this knowledge, develop actions plans and strategies with to remove these barriers.
I use recognised quantitative approaches to develop a picture of organisational cultures. However, these pictures only tell one part of the story, they may tell us the ‘what’ but they won’t tell us the ‘why’. I explore the ‘why’ through interviews and focus groups with staff, managers, and leaders to provide rich knowledge and insights into the dynamics in the organisation. These insights and the quantitative data are then used in strategy workshops to develop an effective and comprehensive response to any barriers the equitable inclusion the research has identified.
- Affinity and Prejudice Bias Audits
- Psychological Safety Audits
- Interviews, focus groups and observations
- Knowledge driven strategy workshops
Using this combination of surveys, focus groups and observation techniques to triangulate data, I can reveal mission critical knowledge into –
- Your organisation to gain a complete picture of its cultural dynamics and understand how to optimise effectiveness.
- Your senior management team to understand how to clear blockages to dynamic, inclusive strategic thinking.
- Departments and teams where the team make-up is homogeneous to understand why and what is preventing a diverse and inclusive workforce from developing.
- Departments and teams where there is the highest turnover of staff, or the highest number of grievances to understand what is going wrong.
- Your staff to understand the degree to which they feel included or not
- Your supply-chain to understand how to be an inclusive purchaser
- Your stakeholders to understand how to be fully inclusive of them
To find out more, please, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org